Monday 31 October 2011

Sweetie Pie : )

I am kind of a nerd, and on my days off I really like to stay home decorating, organizing/cleaning, and most of all, watching all of those morning TV shows like Regis & Kelly. I always like to watch them because they make me laugh, and I always learn fun things like new recipes and decorating or fashion advice. : ) Today was especially one those days after having such a busy weekend with two of my very favourite people, but I know you will hear more about that later. ; )

This morning I was watching Rachael Ray, and I learned of a helpful (and probably very tasty!) recipe called Candy Pie.

I should probably mention that I love to bake pies, so I might be a little partial. Owl and some of our other friends can make the most beautiful and delicious cupcakes, but pies have always been my favourite thing to bake. : ) I have mastered classic apple pie and peach pie (I know it is awfully sweet, but I bake them for my dad - he likes peach pie : ), but there are still lots of pies I'd like to master such as cherry pie (for my mom), strawberry-rhubarb pie (for me), and butter tarts (for my dad again, hehe), because they are just like little pies, right? : ) As well as some fun pies, like this one. I am a little embarrassed that this idea never occurred to me before, because it is so simple, but I know of it now, and that is all that matters, I think. : )

Candy Pie

Any kind of candy you'd like (chocolate bars, peanut-butter cups, M&Ms, etc.)
1 pie shell (you can make one or buy a frozen one).
Milk or white chocolate, melted.

Put in any candy you'd like into the pie shell (if you are using lots of chocolate, you may want to pre-bake the pie shell for 10 minutes), and try and fill it to the top. It can help if you have stickier candies, such as ones with caramel, to make it all melt together better. Then, melt milk or white chocolate by putting chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave for 20 seconds, rotating the bowl every 10 seconds. Bake the pie for 30-40 minutes. While the pie is baking, make a "pencil", where you pour melted chocolate onto a piece of parchment paper, and roll the paper up. Then hold the rolled-up paper like a pencil and drizzle the melted chocolate over the pie when it comes out of the oven.

Although I love any reason to bake pies, I also like this pie because it is the perfect way to use up leftover Halloween candy. If you are anything like me, extra Halloween candy is just trouble, hehe. Have you ever seen the movie Waitress with Keri Russell where she bakes pies and gives them cute names? Well, if I were to give this pie a name, it wouldn't be "Candy Pie", it would be "All of This Candy is Goin' In, So I Don't Get a Big Butt Pie". It has a nice ring to it, don't you think? : )

With the warmest Halloween wishes!
xoxo


2 comments:

  1. I would love it if you baked for me... shall we get together and have a baking party? This time we'll make sure there's lots of sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please let's bake together! I can show you my pie-baking secrets, and you can show me your secrets for baking everything else, you expert you! : )

    ReplyDelete