Monday 3 October 2011

Birthday Bonanza

The end of September/beginning of October is a busy time for me. It starts with the boys birthday, then comes Fawn's birthday, then it's my dad's birthday and to round it all up is my stepsister's birthday. And all these fall within a week of each other. Whoowee...now that's what I call a birthday bonanza!

For the boy's birthday, I went all out this year. I cooked him a delicious meal, got him tickets to his fav hockey team (score - his favourite team is playing his least favourite team, extra points for the best gf ever!!), and planned a Beerfest type birthday party for him over the weekend. More on the birthday feast later.

For Fawn's birthday, I got her an awesome present that I think suits her to a tee. Can't share that yet because I haven't given it to her, but we'll be back with details later. We are also planning a trip to New York soon. Our birthdays are less than a month apart - so excited for that!!

Since I live in another city as my dad and stepsister, I will have to send them a sweet card in the mail, call them to sing "Happy Birthday", and plan a visit to see them soon. I'm thinking Canadian Thanksgiving will be a good time for that. I am still trying to decide what to get for my stepsister. I've got a couple ideas for her below. She's a cute, quirky individual, so I want to make sure I find something just right.


All items found at Urban Outfitters

I just love birthdays! I really like making people feel special on their birthdays. Whether it's making a glorious feast, picking out the perfect present, planning a party, or going out of your way to do something nice for them. How do you like to celebrate birthdays? Is it a big affair or more of a quiet celebration?

No comments:

Post a Comment