Thursday 27 October 2011

Artsy Fartsy

So I am having a girl's get together this weekend and I am uber excited about. We are going to be doing all the regular girlie things - watching chick flicks, eating junk food, going out for brunch and sushi. Needless to say, I am s-t-o-k-e-d! We're also going to fit in some other fun stuff like going to our favourite antique market, baking some cupcakes and doing some DIY stuff.

My lovely friend is hoping to make some Christmas decorations, I know it's early - but really, it's less that two months away (YIKES!). I, on the other hand am hoping to make a DIY art piece. I know that I want something for the living room, but I am not sure exactly what I want yet. I've got so many inspiration photos pinned on Pinterest, so I'll look there for some inspiration. Currently I am trying to decide between:

1. Minimalist Striped Art - I love the contrast in this, but I might want to look for something with a little more colour for the living room.


2. Black and white word art - Again, love the contrast of the black on white canvas, but I might need a little more colour. I do love this though.


3. Modern Art - Splash some colourful paint on a canvas and call it a day. I think that this might be my favourite one. I love the different textures and strokes of this. Hopefully I can recreate something just as rad.


Be back on Monday with a finished project. Hope it turns out :)

Tata for now. Can't wait for Friday!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment