Friday 21 October 2011

Campaign Dressers

I am in love with campaign dressers. The style, the elegance, the beauty - oh my. I have been on the look-out for one for some time now, but have never been able to find one. Damn you thrift gods, why won't you listen to me?!? Anyways, since I can't find one, I have decided to DIY my own campaign dresser. Similar to this one here:


Sigh...isn't she pretty? Found via
Ikea has a great line of untreated solid wood products that you can pretty much do ANYTHING you could ever think of with. I have already made over one of these bad boys into my nightstand which looks similar to the one below, and I just love it.

Similar to my DIY nightstand, only I used lion head drawer pulls. She's a looker :)

For this project however, I'm going to need two of the RAST bad boys, perhaps bolted together (not sure yet whether I want to do that or not).

So here's my recipe for a gorgeous campaign dresser of my very own:



1. IKEA Rast dresser @ $39.00 buckaroos - that's a steal. Of course I'll be using two of these

2. I am going for a dark blue/ light navy colour for my campaign dresser. It is just such a moody, delicious colour and I have always wanted to paint a piece of furniture this colour.

3. Various hardware pieces to spice this lady up. I've got gold and silver both pictured there, but that's just because I couldn't find a gold corner plate, please excuse :)

Be back with some photos after I've completed my project. Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

Tata for now! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment