Tuesday 31 January 2012

Colour Me Pretty

Happy Tuesday! I hope your week has started off great and that you're all having an awesome week so far! Where I live, it is currently very snowy, scratch that, slushy.  And slushiness just kind of leads to gray, gross stuff all over the ground. Not very pretty if you ask me; which led me to needing to inject a little colour into my life.  How, you ask? With some coloured pants, of course. I'm sure all of you have seen plenty of coloured pants on the old interweb as of late.  They're just such a nice break from jeans and tights and they really spice up an otherwise boring outfit.

I went shopping last week looking for some and was finding it difficult to find any pants that spoke to me.  I walked into H&M, and lo and behold, the clouds opened up and let the sun shine through. Right there on the first table at the front entrance were pants in every colour of the rainbow.  I looked at the price tag and saw the low, low price of $29.99. Check mate, I made those pants MINE.

Since this was my first attempt to incorporate the coloured pants look into my wardrobe, I went with a nice bright blue.  Seemed more normal than walking around in teal or pink pants.  Plus, I wouldn't wear pink pants if I was held at gun point. Pink is definitely not my jam.  I absolutely LOVE my new blue pantaloons!  They are just so fun!  I'll leave you with a little inspiration....perhaps it'll change your mind about coloured pants :)




 
Photos can be found via my Fashion Inspirations board on Pinterest

Now it's your turn. What's your opinion on the whole coloured pants look?  Love it or hate it?

Tata for now. xoxo.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a fan, but I don't think I could pull it off. They're so very funky! I like the turquoise. I think I'd like a pair of shorts in that colour.

    What top did you wear? I'd want a white flowy one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking back on this post I think I went with the white flowy because that's what almost all the photos are of... subliminal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha very true. It seems like the best thing to pair with coloured pants. Bright bottom - neutral top.

      Turquoise shorts would be awesome!!!

      Delete