Sunday 22 January 2012

Deep Thoughts : )

I found this little version of the Proust Questionnaire re-done by Kate and Laura Mulleavy of Rodarte on Fashionista.com and thought it might be kind of a fun thing to do on a rainy/snowy day. Normally I would be afraid to complete the Proust Questionnaire. If you have ever read the back page of Vanity Fair, you might agree (some of those questions are tricky!) But I thought this version was kind of cute. : ) How can you not like something designed in part by Rodarte? ; )


Rodarte's Kate and Laura Mulleavy's Proust Questionnaire:


Favourite play:
The Glass Menagerie (it is my favourite book, too!)

What was your first love?
Animals.

Favourite language:
French.

Who is your most loved character in literature?
Beth from Little Women, Jane from Pride & Prejudice, Laura from The Glass Menagerie.

Favourite room:
The dining room.

Favourite place to read a book:
A window seat. : )

Favourite place in New York City:
The great, big Tiffany's store on 5th Avenue is overwhelming, but wonderful to see.

Favourite colour:
White.

Favourite painter/painting:
Anything by Monet, Renoir, or Degas. : )

Favourite things to collect:
Pretty things. : ) Teacups, seashells, white picture frames, pretty pieces of ribbon...

Favourite mystery:
Marilyn Monroe.

Favourite flower:
Sweetheart roses and peonies.

Favourite sea creature:
Who doesn't like sea horses? : )

Favourite smell:
Perfume, vanilla.

If I gave you a medal right now, what would it be for?
The amount of times someone can laugh in a day? : ) I mean full-blown laughter with tears and bellyaches, I must do it at least 10 times a day. Everything makes me laugh. : )

Favourite texture:
Very soft and worn, almost thread-bare material. : )

Favourite flavour:
Fried? : )

What is the first thing you think of when I say "red"?
Christmastime?

Night or day:
I like both. : )

Favourite villian:
This is a little bit of a tough one, I don't really like any villians...

Favourite silent film star:
Charlie Chaplin (I don't know any others... )

Favourite artist:
Ballerinas. : )

Molly Ringwald or Ally Sheedy:
I don't know either of them...

C.S. Lewis or Freud:
C.S. Lewis.

Tents or motels:
Motels.

Favourite musical instrument:
The piano.

Thunder or lightning:
Lightning. It is kind of pretty. : )

Tea or coffee:
Diet Coke. ; )

Wine or beer:
Beer.

Lemon or lime:
Lemon.

Monday or Friday:
Friday.

February or December:
December.

Christmas or Halloween:
Christmas. It is my favourite. : )

Rosemary's Baby or Hannah and Her Sisters:
I'm embarrassed to admit that I have never seen either.

J.D. Salinger or Jack Kerouac:
J.D. Salinger.

Hats or Scarves:
Hats.

Julie Christie or Vanessa Redgrave:
I only know of Julie Christie, so I will say her. : )

Marilyn Monroe or Elizabeth Taylor:
Marilyn Monroe.

Cary Grant or Jimmy Stewart:
Cary Grant.

Las Vegas or Atlantic City:
I have never been to either, but I would rather visit Las Vegas.

Rain or sun:
Sunshine. : )

Spiderman or Superman:
Superman.

Cats or dogs:
I like both, but I would say dogs if I had to choose.

Ice cream or sorbet:
Ice cream.

The Beatles or The Rolling Stones:
The Beatles.

Favourite fun fair ride of all time:
I think all rides are fun. : )

Favourite sidekick:
I always liked Summer from The OC, hehe. : )

What characteristics do you envy most in others?
The ability to not worry so much.

If you could fly, where is the first place you would go?
Paris, or anywhere in the Southern United States. : )

Have you ever won a medal or prize, and if so, what for?
I have never won a medal, but I did win my Sorority's Heart of Gold award 3 years running! : )

What is your secret dream?
If it is a secret, then aren't I not supposed to tell? ; )

Favourite season:
Spring or Fall... I like the "in-betweens". : )

What is your greatest love?
Oh, I don't think I could choose just one... Laughing, nursing, decorating, animals, Diet Coke... : )

Favourite currency:
I'm afraid I don't know enough about currency to have a preference.

Favourite city:
Paris.

Favourite imaginary place:
Heaven.

Favourite planet:
I used to like Pluto, but I guess that isn't technically a planet anymore, so I'll go with Neptune. : )

Favourite children's book:
The Velveteen Rabbit.

Favourite candy:
Potato chips. ; )

Favourite names:
Brooke is my very favourite, but I also like Beth, Grace, Audrey, Jaime, and Sara-Lynn. : )

Phew! : ) That was a little longer, and some of the questions were a little harder, than I anticipated, hehe. But I still think it is a cute little quiz, and now you know me a little a lot better. ; )

xoxo


























No comments:

Post a Comment