Thursday 19 January 2012

Dorky "V" Day Presents

Hello all,

We are more than halfway through the month of January, which means that Valentine's Day will be here in less than a month. But here's the thing. I really don't celebrate Valentine's Day. I feel like you should love everyday of the year, not just one day. Everyone deserves that. V Day is extremely commercialized, which might be my biggest problem with it.... Anywho, enough of the tangent. I love LOVE!

So, with that being said, I will say that I do usually get the boy something that he needs or something that I think he would think is funny/clever/dorky in some way. This year I went all the way to dorkville to get his gifts :)

Both his gifts this year are from Etsy. Our third bedroom is currently set up as a man cave. There is a futon, a TV and literally nothing on the wall - bachelor pad h-e-double hockey sticks. I would really like to make this a relaxing, fun space for him to chill out in. So, I got him some art for those baren walls.

The first is a female nude. He is a typical boy and wanted pictures of boobs on the wall. I thought this was a decent compromise.


This beautiful charcoal drawing by the shop Caught by the Light

I also got him this dorky guitar pick by Rachel Vannatten. She makes a whole bunch of sweet hand stamped goodies. The boy was in a couple bands in highschool, so he knows what he's doing with a guitar, but this one will most likely be a framer.

Sweet and nerdy = my jam

And that's all she wrote.

Have any of you got some sweet goodies lined up for your loved ones? The big "V" day is almost here!

Tata for now. xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment