Sunday 5 February 2012

Slightly Overcast

Hi Everyone!

I have been a big fan of nail polish since I was a little girl, but I have never been very adventurous with it... Most times I just like the light pink and beige colours and then the occasional red when getting dressed up. I remember one time shopping at a Coach store and complimenting the saleslady at the front about her pretty red nail polish. She told me that at Coach, you were only allowed to wear neutral colours, red, or a French manicure (I also really like French manicures too! There is some debate as to whether they are classy or dated, but I like them. Especially on your toes because they go with everything! Annnnd, I think that if Coach thinks they're tasteful, then tasteful they are! : ) I was so happy after that, because Coach and I were on the same page, nail polish-wise, hehe. They do say great minds think alike... : )

When the darker nail polish colours came into style a few years back, I didn't know what to think. I had began to feel a little nail polish void inside that my light pink, beige, red, and French nail colours were just not filling! : ) I knew how popular these darker colours, such as OPI's "Lincoln Park After Dark" were, but I was still unsure. I worked at a Hair Salon and Spa all through high school and college and I would spend many late nights after work, playing with all of the new dark nail polishes. : ) Some were too dark. Others were too purple. One was just right. Thus, OPI's "We'll Always Have Paris" became the newest (and only slightly adventurous) addition to my nail polish collection. : ) Unfortunately, this colour has been discontinued, but I was thinking of replacing it with Essie's "Little Brown Dress", what do you think? : )

Not long after, everything was coming up "greige" (a blend of grey, taupe, and beige). This colour trend I liked from the beginning. A colour that stood out a little, while not standing out too much and which was current yet timeless. I welcomed Essie's "Mink Muffs" to our family. : )

My latest nail poilsh longing is for grey-silver blue, but flat (that is the best I know how to describe it) . Specifically, Daphne Guiness for MAC's Hyperion and Illamasqua's DWS. I think they are kind of like a Spring-version of greige. : ) But, I am a little apprehensive because I have not had the courage to even wear the greige nail polish yet, so I think that I may just be getting a little ahead of myself and going out on too much of a limb, hehe. : ) But, I do think they are very pretty, and I hope you enjoy them! : )

Daphne Guiness for MAC's Hyperion

Illamasqua's DWS
xoxo

P.s. Happy Superbowl! Who are you rooting for? I am a big Eli Manning fan, so the Giants will be getting a fingers-crossed from me. : ) : )

2 comments:

  1. Great color! Really enjoying your blog and am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet! I love the outfits you girls put together on your blog, I am also following you.
      Fawn has such great taste in all things nail related :)

      Delete