Saturday 5 November 2011

I Object! : )

Another season of Project Runway has come and gone. Although I do enjoy all of the fashions, and am sad that it is over for a little while, the saddest part of all is that bitter taste that remains when you feel someone different should have won.
As much as I am ashamed to admit it, this is not an uncommon phenomenon for me when I watch TV shows about fashion. I can get a little… Engrossed? : ) This in combination with my narrow-mindedness in my inability to appreciate clothing that is neither simple nor minimal often leaves me disagreeing with the judges and disappointed in the end result. For example, Christian Siriano and I never quite saw eye to eye, hehe (though to my surprise, I think his Spring 2012 collection is kind of cute…)
So, if it wasn’t Anya Ayoung Chee (the winner of this season) who won me over, I’ll give you one guess as to who it was. If you guessed Olivier Green, you’re right! How did you know? : ) Could it be his neutral colour palette? Probably. His minimalism? Definitely. The structure in his designs? That too. His exceptional tailoring (shown below in the lovely blazer) is like the icing on top of an already elegant cake.
He was supposed to be designing for city women, but I really think he designed this blazer for me... : )

Like any relationship, there were some “rough waters”. : ) Times when I didn’t get his designs or thought he could have done better. But overall, I was a moth to a flame, and his is a flame I hope will only continue to burn brighter.
I’ll leave you with a few more of my favourites of his…
Mr. Green in the pet-supply store with sheepskin and wood chips. : )

Some people can think things are too simple, but I think there is no such thing. : )
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment