Wednesday 9 November 2011

Do you see what I see?

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas :) I love decorating for the holidays. A fully decked out tree, wreaths, DIY'd ornaments and all that jazz.

I have been amassing quite a collection of DIY ornaments and decorations I would love to make. I thought I'd compile a list for you...maybe you'll see something you like :)

1. Christmas Bunting

Taking some sweet vintage fabric or burlap to make some bunting to go above the fireplace, on a shelf, on the tree - basically anywhere you can think of, and this beauty will be sure to look goo-od. Add a sweet Chrismas saying and you're ready for the holidays.

All images via Etsy. You can buy these sweet little guys here, here, here and here

2. Ornaments Galore

Just a few ornaments I've picked out that I would love to recreate. These would look great hanging on a doorknob, from a garland on the window and of course on the tree. Number 1 is a sweet scrabble tile decoration. I can easily make this with those leftover scrabble tiles. Number two would be super easy. Get some cheapy glass bulbs, a sharpie and let your creativity soar. Stashing through the snow did make me quite giddy though :) And number three is just a beautiful delicate ornament that would look great in anyone's house. I would probable put these on doorknobs throughout the house.
 
Numero Uno - Can be purchased here

Number 2 via

Number 3 via


3. Wreaths

There are so many types of wreaths that you can make. Below are just a few of my favourite DIY ideas. Don't you just love the sparkle on that first one. mmhh..momma loves herself some sparkle.
Via
Via

Via
What are you all excited about for the Christmas season? Decorating? Shopping? Presents? Do tell.

Tata for now. xoxo.

1 comment: