Monday 5 November 2012

Fall Trending: Part 3

For part 3 of this fall trending series I want to talk about something that's very near and dear to my heart - Chunky Knit Sweaters.  Couldn't you just live in them?!  I sure could.  Now, I know this trend has been around for a couple years now, but it is still an essential part of your fall wardrobe.

Instead of just listing chunky sweaters that I currently have sitting in my online shopping bags am currently loving, I thought I'd show how versatile they can be by creating three outfits with one sweater.  One sweater (this one, in particular) can be transformed from casual to work appropriate simply by tweaking a few things and changing accessories.

on the go

This is a great go-to running around outfit.  Skinny jeans, cute flats, a big carry-all purse and a pretty necklace for some jazz hands interest.  Belting a chunky sweater with a thin belt is a good way to not look chunky yourself, because chunky knit sweaters do add a bit of bulk.


movie date

Everyone needs a comfy outfit for movie dates or hanging with friends and I think this fits the bill perfectly.  I think this is a great example of what to do with your staple wardrobe to spice it up a little.  With the pants, sweater and boots you still have a cute outfit, but by adding sweet accessories like the scarf and earrings, you have an outfit that expresses a little bit of your personality and that is a good thing in my books.

work it

This is a really easy outfit to pull off and look great in.  Black pencil skirt - check, black tights and booties - check, check.  The only thing you really need to complete this ensemble is the inexpensive collar from ASOS to punch it up a bit and a sturdy laptop bag.  


So as you can see, you can transform chunky knit sweaters into so many different looks for work or play.  I hope you enjoyed the outfits! 

How would you wear a chunky knit sweater? 

Tata for now. xoxo.

Psst...See Part 1 here and Part 2 here

No comments:

Post a Comment