Tuesday 27 March 2012

To Stipple or Not to Stipple?


That is the question.
Something I am always playing with is makeup that claims to give you a flawless/perfect/airbrushed look. I have to admit (though I hope you don’t judge me too much) I always think girls like Miss America and Miss USA are perfect and have the most beautiful makeup, and I’m always trying to figure out their secret! : ) I know that it is probably professional makeup artists, but still, I think there is no harm in trying out different makeup with the hope that it will give me a similar result at home.
If there is any claim whatsoever of looking perfect with a product, you can probably find it in my makeup collection, especially for foundation. I have very light skin, and while I don’t tend to get a lot of them, whenever I do have a pimple it will always leave a tiny mark afterwards. So I always wear foundation and I tend to like ones with more coverage so my little spots won’t show through and my skin will look perfect. : )
I have tried liquid foundations, mousse foundations, and most recently the airbrush foundations. I find liquid foundations a little heavy and dated, but I loved the mousse foundations. Specifically L’Oreal’s Magic Smooth SoufflĂ© foundation (it is such a sweet name too! I would much rather wake-up and put on a soufflĂ©, than regular makeup, hehe). As for the airbrush foundations, at first I found them too sheer but then after first using primer and applying the foundation with a stipple brush, I think I may have found the trick. ; )
For anyone not so familiar with the art of stippling, just dip a stipple brush (just the white part of the bristles) lightly into a small amount of liquid or cream foundation. Then gently dot the brush with foundation in short strokes over your face until it is blended. Repeat as necessary until you have the desired amount of makeup. One of the biggest benefits of stippling is that in using such a gentle approach, you can apply makeup on top of makeup and still have a very soft finish which isn’t cake-y. Although you can stipple with your fingers or a foundation brush, I found a stipple brush to provide the lightest and most seamless application while still covering any imperfections. : )
If I was less shy, I would have taken a picture to show you, but for now you’ll just have to take my word for it. ; )
Have a wonderful day!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment