Thursday 22 December 2011

A Few of My Favourite Things


Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry it has been so long since I have written! Time just goes too fast for me, and I can never seem to keep up... 

There are always so many things that I like and would love to tell people about, so I too thought I would write a little list of my favourite things. Since it is so close to Christmas and Christmas is my most favourite time of the year, there may be a little bit of a Christmas theme to my list - just a little warning. ; )

1.  The Adelphie Dress from Club Monaco
I tried to find a picture of this dress that would do it justice with no avail. This silk georgette dress first caught my attention because it was navy - a difficult colour to find in cocktail dresses sometimes - and one that is currently absent from my collection. I have been looking for a navy dress. It is similar, but a nice alternative, to a little black dress.  : ) Another feature of this dress I really liked (which unfortunately isn't shown in this picture) is that it has a piece of the fabric coming up the one shoulder, narrow at the base where it attaches to the dress and gradually widening until it reaches its widest point at the top of your shoulder. It is distinctive without being obvious.  Lastly, it has a little grosgrain ribbon of the same colour at the waist, which I think is a sweet touch. 

Adelphie Dress, Club Monaco


2. Christmas Wreaths
Although I would love to have a beautiful real Christmas tree, living in an apartment, it isn't so easy... : ) Instead, I rely on pretty wreaths. I have a large window in my living room, and every year, I hang three wreaths on the windows, a large one in the centre and two smaller ones on either side. I also always put one on the front door. 

3. Ivory Poinsettias
Along with wreaths, poinsettias are another one of my favourite Christmas decorations. I like poinsettias in red too, but white is my favourite colour and the large majority of my decorations are white or ivory, so that's why I chose ivory ones. I place one outside my front door on each side, and  then multiple ones all throughout the inside of the apartment. I think they look warm and inviting at Christmastime. : )

4. Christmas Ornaments
Although as mentioned above, I don't have a Christmas tree, I do still collect Christmas ornaments whenever I see one I like, whether it be from a nice store or from Wal-Mart. : ) My intention is that when I have a Christmas tree, I wanted it to have a collection of ornaments from different times. Plus, usually they are just too pretty to resist. : ) Sometime I will show you some of my favourites, but that is for another day. 

I probably should be going to sleep now, for a day of baking to Christmas music tomorrow. : )

I hope you have the most wonderful holiday and receive all of your favourite things and more.

Merry, Merry Christmas,
xoxo

P.s. I forgot one of my favourite things! Silver Bells. As pretty as real silver bells are, what I mean is the Christmas song, it is my favourite one. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment