Wednesday 7 December 2011

Cookie Monster Jam

Seasons greetings everyone!

I just get so excited around the holidays. Although it does get to be a little stressful, what with the crazy crowds in the malls shopping for presents, the ridiculous amounts of money spent, and packed schedules of friend and family gatherings - but the Christmas season just makes me simply giddy!

This weekend, the boy and I are heading to a Christmas dinner party with some friends. Our friend is quite the chef extraordinaire. This is his current menu, NOT even kidding!

{butter basted roast turkey}
{slow cooker honey glazed ham}
{pork sage and onion stuffing}
{garlic mashed potatoes}
{red white and purple roasted potatoes}
{sweet potato pie with a bread crumb and bacon topping}
{onion and bacon topped brussel sprouts}
{roasted carrots with brown sugar and parsley}
{sauteed green beans}
{yorkshire puddings}
{country style bread rolls}
{and an entire vat of gravy}


Four types of meat (including bacon and pork) and three types of potatoes !! WOW, how delicious and massive does that meal sound (kind of like the 12 days of Christmas song. haha)? Needless to say, I am pretty excited to have my first Holiday meal with great friends!

So that's on the agenda this weekend. I am also hoping to get all my holiday baking done as well. That is if I'm not in a massive food coma that lasts the entire day on Sunday :) Every year I usually try and make at least 4 types of cookies, last year, unfortunately, I didn't have the time OR the kitchen space to bake them. I've got two that I almost always make and two new ones that I'm going to try this year.

Here's my list of cookies that I'll be making this year.

1. Candy Cane Cookies


These are my absolute favourite. We always made these every year when I was a little kid, so they make me a little nostalgic. You can get the recipe here.

2. Peanut Butter Kiss Blossoms


I discovered these AMAZING cookies a few years back and have been making them ever since. The peanut butter and chocolate is an option that everyone loves and the cookies are so moist and flaky. It's like a little morsel of Heaven on your tongue! You can get on over to that recipe here.

3. Gingerbread Snowflakes

Photo via Cupcakes and Cashmere
How awesome do these look? I cannot wait to decorate this sweet little morsels. Although I'm not the biggest fan of gingerbread, this recipe is supposed to be the "best", so hopefully they will turn out well and I will finally find a gingerbread that I enjoy. These are originally from a Martha Stewart recipe found here

4. Sugar Cookies


Last but not least will be some fabulous sugar cookies. I always have trouble with the easiest cookie known to the baking world, but I try them every year (usually a different recipe every year). I really just enjoy making sweet Christmasy shapes and decorating them.  Here's to hoping this recipe will become a yearly tradition.

Now all I need to do is find a cheap DIY option for wrapping these up for gifts. Anyone have any good ideas for me? Does anyone else bake their cookies all at the same time, or do I sound like a crazy woman?

Tata for now. xoxo.

PS. Just don't tell Cookie Monster what's going on at my house this weekend. Otherwise, he might end up like this. Haha, that gets me every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment