Friday 1 February 2013

Staple Wardrobe: Footwear

Happy Friday friends!!  

Doing anything fun for the weekend?  The boy and I are going to his grandma's 90th birthday party on Saturday and then going to a friend's for the Superbowl on Sunday!! Woop woop!  Although my team is no longer in the running (we'll get em next year Seahawks), the Superbowl is just fun to watch and is a great excuse to have some good food with some great friends.

But anyways, onward and upward.  I've got the last instalment of your staple wardrobe.  Today, footwear.  Now, shoes are one of those "accessories" that can take a staple wardrobe from blah to bam (haha), but I do think that are a few that should be included in every woman's wardrobe.


First up, are the calf high boots.  I have a brown and black pair, although my black pair are an over-the-knee boot, they act as my neutral go-to boots.  I have suggested a black and brown pair because they are both versatile and both deserve a spot in your closet.  Try and find boots that are simple with not too many embellishments so you can ensure they will stick around for years to come.

Next up, a black pair of booties.  I suggest heels, because both of my longer boots are flats.  They are great to dress up (or down) and are perfect for a work wardrobe.  You can pair these with jeans, skirts, dresses, etc and they will always look chic.

I also suggest a timeless pair of black pumps, as well as a neutral pump.  Every girl needs a great pair of black pumps, but I believe that a neutral shoe that matches your skintone is just as important.  They make your legs look like they go on for days and can be paired with virtually everything (maybe not PJ's, but really...who would do that?).

A great pair of rain boots is next.  Especially if you live in a climate where you get a lot of rain.  I think that rain boots can be a bit more funky because they're not worn as often, so I've pictured a great pair of teal Hunter boots.  How cute would those look with some jeans, a white tank and a cute cardi - yes please :)

For the summer, I think that a pair of neutral, understated sandals will get you from year to year without feeling bored.  They're perfect to match with a sundress, shorts, skirts or dresses.  Go get em!

And that's all she wrote.  If you pick the right ones, these shoes are timeless can last from year to year.  I think that these pieces of footwear should be more of investment pieces.  Spend a bit more money on quality pieces to ensure they will last you a long time.

Tata for now.
xoxo.

PSssst....See the rest of this series here, here, here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment