Friday 18 January 2013

Staple Wardrobe: Dresses

Happy Friday Everyone!!

I am so excited that the weekend is here!  How about you?  Got any fun plans for the weekend?

I am back today with some dresses to add to your staple wardrobe.  If you've been following along, you know I already covered bottoms, tops and outerwear.  You can find a link to those posts at the bottom of this one.



1.  The Little Black Dress.  Yes, this may be redundant because everyone knows how versatile a little black dress can be, but the key to making it part of your staple wardrobe is to find one that can become your fall-back dress.  You look and feel great in it and have something swanky to wear in a pinch, no matter the occasion.

2. The sweater dress.  I don't know how I could live without sweater dresses in the fall/ winter months.  It's like wearing a warm, cozy blanket - but it doesn't look like it ;)

3.  This is more of a summer staple, but I think it deserves a spot in the overall dress category.  This is perfect for those summer days when you're out with friends, or on a date and just want to look cute.

4.  A cocktail dress.  I have a dressy black one, and a beige dress that could fall somewhere between dressy and casual.  They're good to keep around for those impromptu girl's night out.

5.  The tank dress.  Perfect for layering, definitely a staple in any woman's closet.

6.  Last but not least is the shift dress.  The one above is a beautiful charcoal grey and is a staple for any one who works in an office, which I do.  I think the shift dress looks good on absolutely everyone and is great for a multitude of occasions, which is why it has deserved a spot in the closet staples.

And that's it.  Anything else you'd add?  Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Tata for now.
xoxo.

Psstt....check out the other pieces for a complete staple wardrobe.


4 comments:

  1. nice blog!
    follow me, i follow you back!

    www.marcheri.blogspot.com
    http://www.facebook.com/Marcheri55

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I love your outfit posts! So chic!

      Delete
  2. Lovely choices!! These are must-haves in every closet!

    I'm following you now! Hope you follow me back :>
    http://beatricemalveda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete