Thursday 26 April 2012

Shoes & Shorts: Volume 1, Issue 2

Hello Again,
When Owl first mentioned starting a blog to me a few months back, my first thought was “What would I write about?” Her answer to me was if I was having trouble to write about a new trend or piece of clothing each month. Well, the inspiration ended up coming a little easier than I initially anticipated, hehe, so I haven’t really tried out her suggestion, but I’m thinking there is no day like today. : ) I want to assure you that it is not because I am having trouble thinking of things to talk to you about, but rather the opposite. Lately I have been liking so many shoes and shorts styles for the Summer (yes, my love for shorts has come back full force – and it is only the end of April! : ) I thought instead of always writing about them in every post I write to you, that maybe, each month or so, I could write a little newsletter-type-thing sharing any shoes and/or shorts I like for that month? We could call it “Shoes and Shorts". Sweet and simple. : ) I have already done a little tribute to shoes and shorts that I have liked previously, so we shall call this one:  Volume 1, Issue 2, but since it is my first real addition to this new little monthly column, I will start with a bang and discuss both shoes and shorts for you! You really had to twist my arm... ; )
Shoes
I’d like to introduce you to Sam Edelman’s Yelena High Heeled Sandal. : )
These shoes are an example of another one of those times when you can’t decide if you like something or not. They are kind of a bolder version of something I would normally be drawn to, and I think that is what has caused them to get under my skin - in a good way. I like the tan colour, the thick straps, the colour blocking, and even the chunkiness; it is just the gun metal colour that is making me slightly apprehensive. Gun metal is a little more Owl than Fawn, hehe. : ) But everything considered, they are a contemporary take on classic and with jeans or black pants or shorts, I think they could be striking. The shoes also come in saddle (a darker tan) with bronze straps which I think deserves a second glance as well. : )

Shorts
Everyone, these are H&M’s Crochet Shorts. H&M’s Crochet Shorts, this is Everyone! : )
Now, I know what you may be thinking: Crochet shorts, how very retro! : ) But, I think in white or black, paired with a loose t-shirt and long cardigan (picture the mannequins in Club Monaco) or paired with the pretty J.Crew bathing suit tops at the beach or cottage, they are not only adorable but current too. : ) At $29, they are what Owl and I call a cheapie. : ) How can you resist? : )

I hope you enjoyed!!
xoxo


4 comments:

  1. I NEED those shorts! Must stop by H&M this weekend to see if they are there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! : ) They are so cute! I'm so happy to hear you like them too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your DIYs! Would love a new follower and a new blog to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thank you =) I love your posts too!
    Once again thank you so much for following me & following you back in return!
    My Lyfe ; My Story

    @MyLyfeMyStory 

    ReplyDelete